Friday, August 01, 2008

I hate Insurance Companies!

I really have a problem with the way insurance companies deal with their customers.  Like dirt!  I have just got off the phone with my current insurance company, to enquire about what I thought was a mistake in my renewal letter.  It turns out it was not a mistake, it is a piss take!

Having had buildings & contents with this particular company for the last 2 years, and an unfortunate claim for a small fire in year 1, year 2 premiums went up by 100%.  Frustrating, very.  Understandable, I guess.  No choice but to suck it up and get on with it, as other insurance companies would not compete at that time.

Year 2 goes swimmingly, in that there were no claims, and the only change to the policy was the addition of an engagement ring (woo!), as it was over the threshold for an individual item, this added an additional 25% to our premium, which again is understandable due to it being worn all the time.

However, coming up for year 3 renewal, I receive a letter saying the premium is rising by 113%.  Yes you did read that correctly, they have AGAIN doubled, and then some, my premium.  The c****!

At this stage, I do not want to name names, as I will be writing to voice my displeasure to the CEO of this particular company, and how they expect customers to bend over and take what they dictate....customer retention does not take the form of consistent 100% increases in price, once I can understand, second time around, they are taking the piss!

To put this in context, I suspect I could insure myself on a ferrari for less.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.StyleJournal.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: