Thursday, November 15, 2007

6 of the best poke.....

...r related cufflinks!

So, it always amazes me just how quickly Christmas always creeps up on me. I know it's coming every year, and I know when it is! It just suddenly seems that it's here! Walking down Oxford Street last night, the lights are on, the weather is cold, and people (grrrr, annoying crowds!) are out shopping in force.

As you probably can tell, I'm not a huge fan of crowds. Or shopping. As a result, I've fallen headlong into a, so far, lifelong affair with the internet. OK, it may not be an affair, and I know we both have other interests, but f*ck buddy doesn't sound so poetic.

Right, I'll get to the point. I have, as many people do, an interest in poker. I think my family have cottoned on to this, and suspect that those shiny parcels I am hoping I've been good enough to get this year, will have in some poker related goodies.


What might they be, I hear you ask? Well, I've been banging on about cufflinks a bit at home recently, so had a quick look to see whether there are any nice cufflinks out there - this is what i've found:

1. Dunhill have a nice pair of chips cufflinks, they are quite pricey though, but having recently found dunhill do this sort of thing, I presume the quality will be excellent.



dunhill cufflinks


Link

2. Next is another dunhill creation, this time they are lovely looking cards, the marketing spout says they're made from sterling silver with rhodium plating, whatever the f*** that is!


3. At the other end of the scale from the first 2, we've found these bad boys. Considerably cheaper than the dunhill ones, they look good in the photo, and are cheap. I'm not sure getting 8 aces is going to go unnoticed around the table though!


cufflinks


Link


4. From the same site come the Ace of spade cufflinks - not sure I like these as much as the others, but they are simple and cheap.


cufflinks


Link


5. Next on the list we move sites to find some poker chip cufflinks. These have a bit more colour than we've seen so far, but could be fun. At under a tenner, these could be a good present this Christmas for a secret santa thing in the office!?!


cufflinks


Link


6. Finally on this list, we have the kings and aces cufflinks. These have good detail on the cufflink, and I'm sure would complement any shirt.


cufflinks


Link


So, that's our list of 6 of the best. I like these cufflinks, but am hoping if I had to choose a single pair, to get the ones first in this list. Yes,. I know they are £155 but they look really good, and they seem to be built to last. Father Christmas, if you are reading, can I please have a pair?

What do you think of these?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog www.pokerweblogs.com. It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

Greets Peter