Friday, April 18, 2008

Terror on the Tube - Are RMT terrorists?

It really makes me f*****g mad, reading about these absolute bully tactics used by old school trade unions in getting their own way.  I've just read  on the BBC website that the RMT have agreed a 48 hour strike on the Tube in London, in opposition to not having it in writing about the benefits of former metronet workers and their access to TFL pensions and benefits.  Fair enough, they don't have this, allegedly, in writing, and the staff deserve to be equals within comapny poicy, yes. Let's put this in context though...

I get pissed off with people at work for being imbecillic twats, who do not know their arse from their elbow, and cannot do their jobs for shit.  I want to be paid more, I don't want to work with them, fuck it, I only want to work 2 hours a week, flexitime, but I have a contract that I stick to - life is not all plain sailing.

Being a member of an archaic body like a trade union is nonsensical for those of us who aren't in there - I have no desire to ever be a member of a TU, and would never think it acceptable to not go to work and expect to get paid.  This is something that doesn't really bother me normally, I'm not going to go off on a huge campaign, but when things like this get in the media, I get fucked off because I do my job, I don't like it all the time, but I bloody well get up and do it everyday.  In my eyes, this move by the RMT is akin to a child throwing toys out of pram, and terrorism.  Are the RMT inciting terrorism - well, taken straight from dictionary.com, the below is what terrorism is defined as:

1.the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
2.the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3.a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

How does this differ from the terrorists we hear about in the news everyday - they have weapons, yes, but the underlying issues of using threats to intimidate someone into doing something is not right at any time.  Terrorism is wrong, watch the news and this will be blatently clear - call it a strike and you're fine  though it seems? So what exactly is the difference between terrorism and a strike, sorry 'industrial action'?

Another sign of this country being far too soft - get a grip government, tell these wankers where to stick their strikes, change the law so they have no rights to supercede employment legislation that everyone works with.  We cannot have one rule for some, and another for others - we are one country, one nation with a set of laws, how do these idiots manage to ge away with this - and get paid (I'll wager handsomely!) for it as well?

Right, rant over for now, so I'm going to go home and take things easy for a while - oh no, of course I'm not, I have to work - if I don't work, I will more than likely be fired, sorry, let me just go and tell my HR department I'm going on strike, and see what they think of that...?!!! Fuckers!

 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get your shopping at www.SantasNaughtyList.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: